Thursday, September 27 -- Walking around

We ended up taking a couple long walks today.  And it's difficult to imagine how it would be possible to live in Paris if walking were difficult...

During our mid=day walk, we made it over to Shakespeare & Co.  We've been there a million times and it's a deep source of nostalgia for me {Tom}.  20 years ago, I was in and picked up some books for a long train ride.  I was short a couple francs and the owner said to me,"you're in here all the time, just pay me the rest next time".  I'd never been there before but his words made me want to become someone who could be a frequent visitor to Paris... Thanks to George Whitman (now deceased) for putting that idea in my head!

Later during the walk we came upon a "student demonstration".   They were marching down the street protesting. We're not sure what, but it's nice to know they keep in practice (there's an actual website where you can track the various "manif's" or "greve's")

It's also Fashion Week this week in Paris.  Yves St. Laurent had a party around the corner a few nights ago and there was some sort of "staff party" at a cafe nearby last night. This picture is from some filming that was going on at the main street near us, Blvd. St. Germain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nuit Blanche -- White Night

Arriving in Paris